Getting pre-approved means completing an application and allowing us to confirm you can be approved for a loan. This is a key early step. You can’t make an offer on a house without a pre-approval letter and you shouldn’t be looking at houses without knowing what kind of financing you can get. (It can kill the mood when you find a great home and realize you don’t know if you can afford it.)
Here is what you need to know about Pre-Approval:
- This can be done in person, online or over the phone.
- We collect your personal information, financial and employment information
- You’ll submit key documents (pay stubs, tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, etc.)
- We review your information to see what loans you can qualify for, what rates/terms are available and what might be the best loan/loans for you to consider
- You not only become a qualified buyer, but you also become a more educated buyer as well. You’ll understand
- The loan products that are best for you
- How much money you need to complete the transaction
- Payments and closing costs
- We can also provide a few scenarios in writing to help you understand closing costs, escrows, down-payment and monthly payment options.
- You will be ready to move forward, taking a more serious look at houses and ready to make an offer if the right one comes along
- We’ll have a relationship; so if you see something that might work and want to talk it through, we’re ready to do that.
The ideal is to get pre-approved as early as possible. If you are looking at houses or even thinking about buying, getting pre-approved should be your next step. You can get started by giving us a call or sending us a message, or click the button below to go to the PrimeLending website where you can start the application process.